Search! Suche! Chercher!

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Things to look forward to

Yes, that pathetic scrap of handkerchif fluttering there, that resolutely dingy rag trying to hide itself behind the barricade of my resolution to be unhappy, that is my flag of surrender. Yes, I give in, no, the world isn't ending, and yes, I do have something to go back to. In fact, in complete capitulation of my selfish little pity party (don't worry, it will come back), I bring you:

Things To Look Forward To.

1. My family
2. Colorado
3. My kid
4. Such friends as I have left
5. Horses
6. Hiking
7. Landscape
8. Clear blue skies (most of Europe is with me on that one. Just ask Sheffield)
9. Mountains
10. Microwave popcorn (ok, I still have some left, but it's imported anyways)
11. Bluegrass
12. Boulder
13. My car (I admit it, even I wish for a curvy road and more than two wheels, or less than 30 fellow passangers)
14. Corn on the cob
15. Starry skies
16. Soy milk and tofu
17. Altitude
18. A computer that works, doesn't hum, and has all its keys
19. My ipod. You are small and blue and pretty and waiting for me
20. Chai tea
21. New running shoes. No, I won't pay twice as much here!
22. Not having to pay 19% sales tax
23. Windows with bug screens and non-perscription cortisone cream.
24. Dishwashers: some people have them. I do not.
25. Summer (It should not be 50 degrees any more. Really.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to rain on your non-pity parade, but (a) its averaging about 95+ these days, so I'm pretty sure "not 50" is going to get very very old very very quick (plus our room is about 10 degrees hotter than everything else, even at 3 AM), and (b) the dishwasher on the fritz... and the washing machine is being a little schizo...

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

No matter how I look at it, I can't figure out what to do with item three. To my knowledge, you have neither a goat nor a child. Is there something we don't know? All you have listed and more are here ... aspens in the autumn ... gentle, 90 mph Boulder winds ... lots of hugs. As you wrote to Mason last year, "come home." We love you. mom

Vivyenne said...

My child is the lovely German-speaking individual living at your house for thenext three months... :)