Search! Suche! Chercher!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Wayfaring Frog...

... set out of a bog, the wide world for to see.
She packed in a sack what could carry on back,
And started out into the dawn.
'Twas an early morn, and not too forlorn,
though her path held no one but she.
Though she looked far ahead she missed her own bed,
like a childhood familiar song.
With a fluttering heart she got a good start,
Leaving the miles behind her--
the frog from the bog, with a sack on her back,
on the morn she was born, singing a song,
--off to new adventures.

So I'm off to Europe, for a year. I'll be visiting friends in Berlin, on the Baltic, and Branschweig, after which I have a 6-week internship in Mainz. And sometime in October I will start classes in Freiburg.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I found you! And good luck.

Love the poem.