Search! Suche! Chercher!

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Revue

The problem with revisiting things is obvious; the words themselves betray it: revisiting is visiting once again, but with less attachment and a different perspective. It’s the distance that gives you the perspective; the added experiences challenging your frame of reference and encouraging you to see out over the lip of “standard“. If you were lucky, you weren’t just a tourist the first time around, but the way most people are and hindsight being what it is, chances are you were more or less in the passenger’s seat with headphones on than actually driving your previous experience. Some days I’m not convinced I’m not still a tourist, but the tour guide is notably absent and there would be no one to give me my money back if I’d wanted it.

No comments: