Search! Suche! Chercher!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Because listening to music is way more fun than studying for my anthropology midterm (which is actually a biology midterm in disguise, yay), I've decided to try to put together a nice playlist for you this Valentine's day. This is obviously some reflection of my musical tastes but isn't representative of either all my tastes or all the good 'love' songs out there; I basically flipped through a couple of playlists and came up with this. Regardless of your romantic situation:

In love with you:
- A Minor Incident - Badly Drawn Boy
- Hey There Delilah - Plain White T's (I know it's overplayed)
- Anyone Else But You - Moldy Peaches (Juno OST)
- Loving You - Paolo Nutini
- La lettre - Renan Luce
- Deep Inside of You - Third Eye Blind
- Nothing Like You and I - the Perishers
- All I want is You - Barry Louis Palisar (Juno OST)
- Hold You In My Arms - Ray LaMontagne
- T'es beau - Pauline Croze
- Mit dir chillin' - Revolverheld
- Fair - Remy Zero
- You Give Me Something - James Morrison
- Blower's Daughter - Damien Rice
- Losing You - John Butler Trio
- Ben's Brother - Stuttering

,Unhappily in love' with you or otherwise complicated:
- The Weakness In Me - Joan Armatrading
- My Lover Will Go - Ane Brun
- J'ai deux amours - Madeline Peyroux
- Cruel to be Kind - Letters to Cleo

Unrequited love/not getting over you:
- Holding on - Ari Hest
- One Day at a Time - Corey Smith
- 5:19 - Matt Werz
- Dreaming With a Broken Heart - John Mayer
- Breaking Me - Johnny Lang
- Hate it here - Wilco
- I Want - Dayna Manning
- I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You - Colin Hay
- When Did It Hit You - Sean Hayes
- Letter Read - Rachel Yamagata
- Heartbeats - Jose Gonzalez
- Can't let go - Landon Pigg

Getting / gotten over you:
- Angry Words - Willy Porter
- Someone New - Eskobar
- Over You - Daughtry

Missing you:
- Geile Zeit - Juli

Breaking up with you:
- Freunde bleiben - Revolverheld
- You Can Bring Me Flowers - Ray LaMontagne (harder to place, this one.)
- Rootless Tree - Damien Rice
- Symphonie - Silbermond

Leaving you:
- Save Tonight - Eagle Eye Cherry
- Scream - Stroke9
- Regen und meer - Juli

Happy to have left you:
- You Oughta Know - Alanis
- I Write Sins Not Tragedies - PANIC! At the disco

No comments: